As a Finance Analyst you`ll provide financial support to the business functions through the proactive engagement of cost centre. You`ll prepare financial analysis including cost centre reports, management accounts, project summaries, forecasts and budgets to support business requirements.
Key accountabilities will include:
• Providing accountancy services to Finance and business managers as required. This includes providing financial analysis and evaluation and contributing to the building of robust budgets and forecasts.
• Dealing with standard ad-hoc requests in order to support the achievement of the business unit’s objectives.
• Assisting in the undertaking of the month end process, ensuring the data used is consistent and accurate
• Ensuring accounting entries are appropriately classified in accordance with internal policy
• Assisting in compiling and producing financial performance reports, including Flash reports, management monthly reports, and project detail reports & analysis
• Supporting regulatory reporting (RRP) requirements.
• Ensuring reporting is relevant, timely and accurate and providing commentaries and analysis which adequately explain any data variances
• Supporting Management Accountants in maintaining and monitoring the financial control framework, ensuring compliance with all appropriate controls
• Providing support to relevant business stakeholders in understanding and quantifying the financial risks and opportunities.
You’ll possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• Part qualified CIMA or ACCA – At least operational level (inc case study or Fundamental skills level & one exam from fundamentals knowledge)
• Experience of reporting financial information
• Knowledge of governance, risk and internal controls frameworks
• Good understanding of financial modelling
• Good understanding of planning, forecasting and budgeting
• Good working knowledge of transaction and close process management
• Experience of using SAP
• Ability to use Business Software and Applications and Codeblack
• Strong planning and organisational skills
• Ability to present and communicate information in a clear, confident and professional manner without error
• Contributing to performance excellence and innovation
• Great team working skills