Are you a talented Finance Controls Specialist, or are you aiming to be one?
Can you demonstrate that you have experience of internal and external compliance processes?
If so then you could be exactly what we’re looking for.
In the Finance Controls Specialist role you’ll report to the Finance Controls Manager and will be primarily responsible for supporting the business in implementing Sarbanes-Oxley, whilst also continuously looking to improve and challenge current internal controls processes.
Specific tasks include:
– Working with the process owners, control owners, and external service provider(s) to identify ongoing assurance issues
– Performing a detailed and accurate review of monthly reports produced on all activities which impact compliance
– Make sure that relevant teams understand control points raised by either yourself or our external auditors, and you will liaise with the team to ensure appropriate control action is implemented to close control weaknesses identified within an agreed timeframe
You’ll spend part of the working week based in the company’s Coventry office, and the rest of it working from home. Details around how this will work will be revealed on application.
The standard working hours for this job are 9 – 5, Monday to Friday.
To be the right person for the Finance Controls Specialist role you will need direct experience of internal and external compliance processes.
We also need you to have prior experience of:
– Sarbanes-Oxley compliance processes
– Technical accounts and audit
– Writing process flow commentaries, risk and control matrices (racm) & test scripts
– Regulatory or operational controls, or wider internal control frameworks
It’s important that you also have the following:
– An accounting qualification aca/acca/cima
– Strong technical accounting and audit skills
– Excellent communication skills
You’ll also need to be the following:
– Able to demonstrate good attention to detail and ability to multi-task
– Naturally inquisitive to challenge procedures
– Able to travel to the Coventry office a couple of times a week
Is that you? If so, send us your CV.
Finally, you’ll need a full driving license for this position, so please do not apply if you do not have one.
The basic salary for the Finance Controls Specialist role is between £45,000 – £50,000 per annum.
There’s also an opportunity for you to earn a personal performance bonus and company performance bonus, up to £2,500 per annum.
You’ll also receive other benefits which include the following:
– 25 days holiday + statutory days + option to buy too
– Pension scheme – double match up to 12%
– Flex benefits including; cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice car scheme, insurances and healthcare packages
– My offers membership card – offering discounts and savings from hundreds of retailers
The business you’ll be working for is one of the UK’s largest energy suppliers.
They’re a company that people really enjoy working for. People join them for many reasons, such as they:
– Have access to fantastic progression route
– Are a forward-thinking, innovative
– Get to work within a friendly environment
The company works continuously to build a truly diverse and inclusive workforce and culture. They welcome and encourage candidates from all aspects of diversity to apply for this role.
Think that this Finance Controls Specialist role is right for you? Then we’d love to hear from you.
Click the ‘Apply Now’ button, send us your CV and we’ll consider you for the first round of interviews.
You could be right for this Finance Controls Specialist position if you’ve previously worked as any of the following: Internal Audit Manager, Internal Auditor or as a Finance Controls Manager.