We’re looking for a talented Service Manager to work join with the West Mercia Police.
They want to recruit someone with demonstrable experience ofleading and managing staff in a complex IT environment.
If that’s you then you could be exactly what they’re looking for.
Based in the company’s Hindlip, Worcestershire office, as the Service Manager you will be primarily responsible for supervising the operational teams that providesupport and IT services to the west mercia police force. The role will take ownership of service, system and equipment provision, as well as the responses to major service incidents.
In the job you’ll be tasked with the following:
– Leading the internal and external support teams, ensuring the relentless customer focus of the services delivered ensuring the ICT service meets agreed standards
– Managing specialist technical support team activities within service operating level agreements, taking necessary action to ensure service performance including availability, capacity and cost
– Ensuring processes and procedures are in place to maintain and recover ICT systems and services
– Acting as a member of the digital services management team, contributing to the development of ICT strategy, policy, procedures and practices, as well as taking individualresponsibility for leading developments in own area of specialisation
– Supporting the Incident and Problem Manager with incidents and problems impacting the service, providing a focal point for incident and problem resolution activities
The ideal candidate for this Service Manager role will have relevant experience ofleading and managing staff in a similarly complex technological environment.
You’ll also need experience of:
– Holding similar specialist support positions in ICT environments
– Managing technical services across both hardware and software solutions
– Working in an ITIL based ICT service management environment
– Developing strong working relationships with a wide number of stakeholders, both internal and external, e.g. Reporting bodies, senior Executives, professional advisers and suppliers
In addition, you’ll need the following:
– The ability to maintain professional practise whilst leading an ICT team in a dynamic environment managing critical systems
– Excellent communication, listening and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and external suppliers at all levels both technically and non-technically
– The ability to organise tasks and Team Members in line with changing priorities and tight deadlines
– The ability to quickly absorb information and understand new IT systems and processes
Does that sound like you? If so, we’d love to see your CV.
This position could be right for you if you want to work as any of the following: Senior IT Manager, ICT Manager, ICT Programme Manager, Head of ICT or as an ICT Director.
Basic salary: £52,000 per annum, with a pay-rise schedule towards £58,000
The business you’ll be working for is the police forceresponsible for the counties of Herefordshire, Shropshire and Worcestershire in England. The force covers an area of 2,868 square miles, making it the fourth largest police area in England and Wales.
They’re a great company to work for. People join them for many reasons, such as they:
– Provide a quality policing service, protecting people from harm. They are visible and open to all, inspiring everyone to take pride in their service
– Have clear routes for career progression, with mapped-out pay rise schedules
– Have a diverse workforce, and have developed an inclusive working environment
Interested? If you think you’re right for this Service Manager role, then click the ‘Apply Now’ button, send us your CV and we’ll consider you for the first round of interviews.